About 4 years ago:
- Me: Mum, dad, I don’t eat meat anymore.
- Mum & dad: … <silence>
After 4 days or so
- Mum: Dad’s worried about your proteins.
- Me: Tell him they’re fine, thanks.
About 2 years ago:
- Me: Mum, I don’t eat dairy anymore.
- Mum: (after 30 seconds of determined looks) Then you cook on your own.
And this is how it all started (I am more serious about my protein now though).
A vegetarian, who is mostly vegan, but enjoys a plain yogurt and an egg on a cheat day. A fitness and nutrition freak who overuses the word “healthy” on a daily basis.
Nice to meet you!